Figma Icon Automation is a plugin that can help you convert your icons’ SVG code to React component code and publish to NPM. It should be used with Github Actions and NPM.
## Requirements and limitations
– need some development knowledge
– a GitHub account.
– a NPM account.
– only works for React, I’m working on Vue
## How it works?
There are six steps here:
– Create Components: At first, you should create a file which contains your icons’ components (this workflow only fetch components).
– Create Pull Request in Plugin: Fill in the GitHub repository URL and token to push your updates to GitHub, which can create a Pull Request for you.
– Merge PR, Trigger Actions: Now you can merge this PR, which will trigger the GitHub Actions workflow.
– Process and Convert SVG code: GitHub Actions will fetch Figma components’s SVG code through Figma’s API and process it. After it, GitHub Actions will convert them into React component code.
– Publish to NPM: Finally, it’ll publish processed code to NPM.
– Install or update from NPM: Developers can use them through terminal execution, which is familiar to them.